|Thursday Night GBM and LAN Party||March 20, 2012|
This Thursday night we're having a GBM and a LAN Party in Lopata Gallery from 7:30pm to 10:30pm!
Come learn more about ACM, our upcoming events, and hear about our current projects. Meet ACM members and enjoy some free pizza! All are welcome. :)
After our meeting we'll be having a LAN party and playing League of Legends!
When: Thursday, March 22nd
7:30pm - GBM and pizza
8:00pm - LAN Party
Where: Lopata Gallery
I hope to see you there!
|FindTheBest talk and summer opprotunities||March 18, 2012|
FindTheBest is holding a talk called “How to Deal with Your Non-Technical Co-Founder or Product Manager” given by Ivan Bercovich, the head of engineering. FindTheBest is also looking for talented undergraduate, graduate and PhD students for internships and full time positions for this summer. The event is from 6:30pm-8:00pm this Tuesday, March 20th, in Bryan 509. There will be Chipotle burritos!
FindTheBest is an unbiased, data-driven decision engine. They collect, organize and present data in a consumer-friendly format so users can quickly make informed decisions. Each month, 6.5M+ users view their content. They're backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, and their founder/CEO previously started DoubleClick (sold to Google for $3.1B).
Event: “How to Deal with Your Non-Technical Co-Founder or Product Manager” by FindTheBest
When: 6:30pm - 8pm this Tuesday! (3/20)
Where: Bryan 509
We hope to see you there!
|JPMorgan Chase Summer Internship||March 11, 2012|
Here's a summer job opportunity for Juniors:
Resumes are due Friday, March 30th and can be sent to Leroy.Clarke@jpmorgan.com
JPMorgan Chase Technology Summer Internship Development Program
About JPMorgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 100 countries and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
Our Technology team identifies and implements technological solutions that anticipate client needs, while providing employees with the tools that make the firm a premier place to work. The overall mission of our IT specialists is to turn our applications, systems and infrastructure into a competitive advantage for the firm by coupling technological expertise with an understanding of our different strategic business visions.
The Technology Summer Internship Development Program introduces and prepares highly-motivated participants for the firm’s information technology organization over a 10-week period. The internship program is structured similarly to the full-time program. The variety of roles offered is vast and constantly evolving, with numerous opportunities to gain technology experience across all business areas. Interns are offered the opportunity to work as an integral member of a technology team in one of our major business lines – Asset Management, Card Services, the Investment Bank, Retail Financial Services, Commercial Bank, and Treasury & Securities Services – or our Corporate Group.
Our concentrated program requires that you actively contribute to upgrading and improving the efficiency of our infrastructure that allows us to deliver products and services to our clients around the world. Over the program, you will gain hands-on knowledge by working alongside experienced professionals who oversee and manage the deployment of business-aligned technologies and infrastructure.
Program placement occurs in the following locations:
• New York Metro area
• Columbus, OH
• Newark/Wilmington, DE
• Chicago, IL
• Tampa, FL
• Dallas, TX
• Houston, TX
Roles and Responsibilities
These are the different opportunities that are available within the Technology Summer Internship Development Program:
• Application Developer: Translate business and technical requirements into applications or solutions; design and develop solutions for clients, working directly with traders and marketers; drive best practices with the possible move to Continuous Integration Testing (CIT); deliver new business products or enhance existing applications; learn the realities of real-time coding in an electronic trading environment and the development of a pricing system which requires up to 80 inputs to value a complex financial product
• Business Systems Analyst: Identify, assess, and record near-term business needs; analyze requirements; identify, recommend and articulate business needs priorities; advise on options, risks and costs versus benefits; assist with feasibility studies, design specifications, test analysis, and user training – right through final implementation; partner closely with other teams
• Infrastructure Engineer: Identify the latest technology solutions; select and implement products; provide production support; work hand in hand with project managers in delivering critical business-aligned technology projects; work on diverse array of technologies including Wintel, Unix Server and Database Systems Administration, Server and Desktop Operating Systems Support, Data and Voice Networking, Large Mid-Range and Mainframe Administration and Support, Batch Scheduling, Real-Time Fault Monitoring and Performing Tuning Technologies, Problem and Incident Mgmt
• Systems Support Engineer: Manage and monitor the applications and systems that are critical to our day-to-day operations and clients’ businesses; work with systems across the Front, Middle, or Back office on trading applications, investment or accounting platforms or other applications; proactively seek quality and efficiency improvements via configuration changes and management of the production environment; assist with quality assurance, test scripts and document defects; run maintenance procedures and take action based on analysis; respond to support calls
Training and Development
You will be exposed to different technology areas through varied training and presentations. Technology interns join our teams who are responsible for designing, developing and supporting the applications or projects that give our businesses their competitive edge.
Only those candidates who are highly motivated and eager to begin their career in technology within our financial services organization will be considered. Business & Technical knowledge is required to succeed in the program. Other specific qualifications include:
• Rising seniors with limited opportunities for rising sophomores and juniors
• Working towards a BA/BS degree, in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering and/or MIS is preferred
• Preferred GPA of 3.2+
• Previous related internship experience and/or other relevant experience is preferred
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of C, C++, Java, C#, Visual Basic, SQL, networking and infrastructure and/or server administration
All candidates must have the eligibility to work permanently in the U.S.
For more information on how to apply, visit jpmorgan.com/careers.
This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and legal entity disclaimers, available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.
|Windows Phone Hack-a-Thon is ON!||March 2, 2012|
Come learn how to make your own Windows Phone apps! We'll have experts on hand and some tutorials until 1pm on Sunday! We're here for a straight 42 hours!
Here's a page of resources: http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~acm/hackathon/
Hope to see you there! :)